Thursday, February 25, 2010

I live here now.


Yesterday, 

I took my head out of the clouds 
to mingle with society
I found myself, 

By myself

In my own little corner

Sitting quietly

THEY stared and thought
 "She's such a loser"
I smiled back 
and waved

I sipped some wine
I watched them laugh

I saw how they behaved

For a moment I thought,
"I shouldn't be here....
.....This isn't the place for me"

But then I realized....

"I'm exactly what,
a place...like THIS place... NEEDS"

So today,
I put on the clothes they wear,
I did my hair as so....

Disguised myself as one of them, 
that way they'd never know

I learned the language,
learned their songs,

I don't dance,

but I learned there moves
I blended in so perfectly
I had everyone fooled

Although It killed me to ACT this way, 
and be untrue to myself.....

I decided to stay 

I HAVE to stay

Its the only way I can HELP

-the lotus.

9 comments:

nita_ss54 said...

yet I find myself doing the same thing, Im the one who drifts off into space.....like its so abnormal to sit and take in everything around myself. I get weird stares sometimes.....[covers lips with fingers and shakes head up and down] it also doesn't help because one wouldn't neccessarily expect me to be the average wanderer....isn't it tranquil though? how far a person can drift when they are completely in touch with their surroundings? stay trapped in your thoughts...no one can taint them there! [looks out window]

Anonymous said...

Wow. This is amazing. *Snaps*

j.danielle said...

Felt!

Marie Perez said...

THIS IS THE SPITTING IMAGE OF ME BUT IVE CAHNGE I WILL NOT GO ALONG ILL MAKE MY OWN PATH TO DESTINY

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMB-PBuCJB0
someone did a mix of you and tupac

SKETCH WEAR said...

wonderful...........hey by the way can you follow me at sketchwearapparel.blgspot.com. Im following you now

Ashley J said...

Jhene I feel like this is speaking directly to me. It's how I have been feeling for so long. Changing yourself to fit in. Also asking yourself what have I become. That's why I truly admire you as an artist, poet, and writer. :)

CamilleActually. said...

I just wanted to tell u i posted this on my blog! and i put your name on it!.but you really inspire me in everything,writing,the way i live life, and just to be an all around peaceful person.you are soo open minded, and in love with life.and i hope to one day be the same...but yea i listen to your songs EVERYDAY.no exadurations! Im trying to wait patiently for you to come out with an album

Anonymous said...

it sucks how the world made change to the perspective of the people