Wednesday, May 13, 2009

THIS MAN...




IS A TRUUUEEE INSPIRATION! He spits that wisdom!! lol. I strive to be even a little bit on his level. He is AMAZING!......


His name is Thich Nhat Hahn

Often referred to as the most beloved Buddhist teacher in the West, Thich Nhat Hanh's teachings and practices appeal to people from various religious, spiritual, and political backgrounds. Nhat Hanh offers a practice of "mindfulness" that is beneficial for people of all faiths, by helping us resist and transform the speed and violence of our modern society. His life and teachings have deeply influenced millions of people, including scores of luminaries in different fields: politician Jerry Brown, civil rights champion Martin Luther King, Jr., eco-activist Joanna Macy, and Catholic mystic Thomas Merton - to name a few.

GOOGLE HIM! I will be posting my favorite excerpts from the books of his that I own so that you can get he just of what he talks about AND benefit from his teachings without spending money on his books....but I would HIGHLY recommend you get yourself copies! :) These are the three that I've read so far...he has a lot more tho!


5 comments:

Kisa Zoea said...

Absolutely LOVE Being Peace one of my FAV books ever!!!

p[L]e[0]a[V]c[E] . said...

aye do you have any of those books ? if so , can i borrow ! thanks hunn .

Jhene Aiko Efuru Chilombo said...

yes! I do...but they're highlighted and written in up the ass if u dont't mind, lol

Alys_Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thania said...

I actually brought the book coz of this lol its great :)