Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Being Peace



I always try to be a peaceful, positive person,...but just like

everyone else I am only human and I let situations and 

people get the best of me. I sometimes lose focus on who I 

aspire to be and feed into the negativity. Its an everyday 

battle, but when I feel rage taking over... when I 'm afraid of 

the future....when I'm nervous...when I'm sad....and even 

when I am happy....I close my eyes, listen to my breath.... 

and say this in my mind, an excerpt from "Being Peace":
 

"Breathing in, I calm my body
Breathing out, I smile
Dwelling in the present moment
I know this is a wonderful moment"



It REALLY HELPS! :)

5 comments:

Jay said...

I know EXACTLY what you are describing in this post. I am a very peaceful person, but its like this little bug insists on buzzing in your ear when they KNOW you are trying to be peaceful,..really sucks if that bug is a coworker! Lol!!! I am going to try this passage next time! :)

Bonnie Darling ♥ said...

Omg. you are amazing. This is so exact. It's crazy how the universe always delivers when you need it most!
Thank you.Thank you.Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I think that to be a peaceful person you have to DO peaceful things. You cant just BE peaceful. It takes habit and practice. So, i dont think its very simple but its very rewarding when one has finally is in that state. you can BE peaceful for one moment and BE in panick state in the next. Therefore, we are human-doers not human-beings. Just a thought.

Anonymous said...

hi jhene, i discovered your music the other day and i found out that not only is your music beautiful but you are also, far beyond physical appearance, your heart shines bright. keep realizing the beauty of who we really are deep inside!

I-AM-MUSIC said...

without peace...comes mental distubance. you never really please the world....being afraid of the future and letting negative people get the best of you...WELL :) its all apart of life. if you are a secure human-being and your driven and motivated about your goals and ambitions then the world is mearly a stepping stone as long as you walk with the lord! whatever your heart desire...put it to the lord " GOD'S TIME IS THE BEST TIME ! every star has its day to shine!